We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to type information into our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report to a data manager or another senior data team member.
The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital database.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners.
- Type in data provided directly from customers.
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk.
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.).
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
- Basic understanding of databases.
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- High school degree or equivalent.