Job Title: Data Entry Assistant (entry-level)
Location: Remote Role
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE:
- The Data Entry Assistant to support data governance for item/product master data and merchandise hierarchy.
- This person will work closely with the Data Governance Analyst and Product Information Management (PIM) Business System Administrators and IT partners in order to ensure approved data change requests are implemented according to requirements. This individual will understand and follow all enterprise data governance policies and procedures.
- This role will assist in being a Data Steward for item/product attributes, definitions, business rules, standards and metrics.
- This individual will maintain and update all governance related documents (i.e. data dictionary, attribute definitions, process maps).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions):
- Support all data governance related efforts of data validation and updating of metrics and attributes in accordance with standards and procedures
- Perform as a Data Steward and assist in data change requests in accordance with enterprise data governance standards, policies, and procedures
- Support projects and initiatives as needed and perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1-year relevant direct work experience in master data management and/or data governance processes and procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Clear planning and prioritizing skills; methodical and detailed work behaviour
- Knowledge of business process documentation
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well across all levels and departments within the organization
Independent decision-making skills and the ability to recommend viable solutions to issues, processes, and data change requests
Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.